The conference will be held on the campus of West Chester University in the historic town of West Chester, PA:
- Conference sessions (including Thursday’s workshops, Friday’s sessions, and Saturday’s meetings) will be held in Sykes Student Union (110 W. Rosedale Ave., West Goshen, PA 19383). Visitor parking for Sykes is available in the New Street Garage (300 W. Nields St., West Chester, PA 19382). Parking in the garage may be limited Thursday and Friday afternoons due to classes.
- The Thursday evening reception will be held in Phillips Autograph Library (700 S. High St., West Chester, PA 19382).
A full, interactive campus map is available at https://www.wcupa.edu/campusMap/.
Philadelphia International Airport
- The Philadelphia International Airport is located right off Interstate 95, about 45 minutes from West Chester. The airport is serviced by American Airlines, Delta, United, U.S. Airways, Jet Blue, and many others. Rental cars from a variety of standard agencies are available. http://www.phl.org
Ground Transportation to/from Philadelphia International Airport
- Taxis from the airport to West Chester (and conference hotels) cost ~$60-80 one way. Taxicabs are readily available and provide service to the Philadelphia metro area and surrounding counties. http://www.phl.org/Pages/Passengerinfo/TransportationServices/taxi.aspx
- Rideshare options (e.g., Lyft and Uber) are also available to/from West Chester and cost $50-$60, though this price may vary during peak hours.
- Public transportation is available via SEPTA. The trip from the airport takes 2.5 hours and costs from $3.50-$4.50. While we don’t recommend this option, due to the time required, it may be a good option for budget travelers with extra time. http://www.septa.org
- We highly recommend that conference attendees who are not staying at the Hotel Warner rent a car, due to the costs of other ground transportation options. Rental cars (http://www.phl.org/Pages/passengerinfo/transportationservices/rental_cars.aspx) are available on-site at the airport from a variety of companies.
- Parking on campus. There is one parking garage available (recommended) in addition to metered parking. https://www.wcupa.edu/dps/parkingservices/parkingGarages.aspx
- Parking in the borough. There are numerous paid parking garages and metered parking in the borough of West Chester, a brief 20 min walk from campus. https://www.west-chester.com/Facilities?clear=False
- Some hotels will charge for parking (see Lodging page for cost per hotel).